Program & Communications Associate
About Wellspring Cooperative: Wellspring Cooperative is a non-profit creating an economy that is cooperative, equitable, democratic, and sustainable. We work with historically under-served communities in the Greater Springfield region by developing a network of worker cooperatives and by supporting community-led initiatives to cultivate cooperatives and collective well-being.
Job Overview: This is a full time position based in Springfield, MA. We are largely working remotely. In-person meetings are generally held in the Springfield area. The Associate will support Wellspring Cooperative’s mission in general, including program work and communications. A successful candidate will be able to work independently while consulting and coordinating with the rest of the team when appropriate.
Reports To: The Associate will report to the Co-directors.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Worker Cooperatives: Develop new and support existing worker cooperatives. Wellspring cooperatives are a diverse set of organizations, so the operational needs of each co-op vary greatly. The Associate will support these varied operations, as well as provide hiring, training, finance, and technical support as needed. All aspects of building a small business are areas in which member co-ops may request help from the Associate.
- Wellspring Cooperative Network: Support the Wellspring Cooperative Network composed of the Wellspring Cooperative non-profit along with the for-profit member worker co-ops.
- Community Initiatives: Support cooperative community/solidarity economy initiatives including the community kitchen in Holyoke, CLT (community land trust) development, and community collaborations.
- Communications: Develop and implement our communications strategy across a number of platforms and manage the Wellspring brand. Develop, edit and publish/distribute external communications including website, social media posts, annual report, quarterly newsletters, and brochures. Coordinate multiple mailing lists.
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Community engagement experience especially in the Greater Springfield area
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong copywriting and content creation skills
- Able to work well in a team and facilitate team meetings with a collaborative orientation
- Able to work with diverse populations with respect and cultural/class sensitivity
- Proficiency with computer programs e.g. MS Office or LibreOffice, Google Workspace, MailChimp, Canva, and WordPress for website
- Able to work under pressure and stay on top of deadlines and communications
- Excitement about learning new skills and ideas
- Human resource experience including team and leadership development and conflict resolution
- Spanish language proficiency
- Business development and support experience - worker owned co-op specific experience preferred
- Experience with technologies and best practices for campaigns across multiple platforms (Little Green Light, Mailchimp, Canva, Desktop publishing)
- Photography and videography and editing experience a plus
Compensation is competitive.
Application deadline: Open until filled
How to apply: Please send a cover letter, 3 references, and your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the SUBJECT heading: ASSOCIATE APPLICATION
JOBS BEYOND OUR NETWORK (NON-LOCAL)
None at this time